What is Lead Generation ?
Experts would agree, the ultimate goal for email is lead generation. According to MarketingProfs, email marketing remains the highest performing digital tactic for building awareness, boosting acquisition and increasing conversion. Marketing automation allows marketers to improve their email lead generation by creating nurture campaigns, testing and tweaking each email sent and monitoring and measuring email results at a more granular level.
Is email the only way for quality lead generation?
An astounding 72% of all adults in the U.S. still prefer to receive communication from businesses via email. This means that email lead generation should and will always take priority. However, many modern lead generation campaigns today live online. No matter your company or industry, you must implement content, social and email strategies in order to educate and attract new customers.
Lead generation marketing itself is the process of stimulating buyers and getting them interested in your products or services. This interest will add them to your sales pipeline as a qualified lead. The best online lead generation companies however, perform most of this action through email campaigns.
What processes should companies using email lead generation follow?
- Publish digital content on websites and social networks to educate potential leads.
- Have multiple calls to action and landing pages available to interested leads.
- Capture leads’ email addresses on lead capture forms, along with additional information like name, industry, job title, and needs from your company.
- Drop leads into email nurture campaigns based on their answers from the lead capture form.
- Continue education through email, event, and content promotion (often implementing a lead scoring model) until they’re ready to be passed to sales.